28 February, 2006

playing with food

Avocados that are 3 for five dollars, I am sad when I go to the store and want to buy you, but you are dark green and still hard.
I still buy you.
Knowing that I have to wait three days until you are perfectly ripe is difficult.
Knowing that I will want to cut into you and eat you on tasty wheat-free crackers just one day too early just because I want an avocado and will not get the full taste of you does not make me happy.
I still do it too early.
There is one of you left, and today, finally, you are ripe. Now I don't have any crackers to put you on. I guess I'll just have to eat you all by your lonesome.


In non-Apostrophe news, I am looking for an injection of the words to Amor on the correct notes. I have two hours right now. Should I look at it? Listen to it? Ha! You fools.
I will peruse the internet for joyous things. I will sit in this lazyboy chair until approximately ten minutes of five, at which time I will go out and celebrate a Mardi Gras dinner, honoring the bazillions of dollars and empty trailers that are sitting unused in some bank, or lot in N.O., that the government can't give out because there isn't yet a system to give it out.
Just give it out!

-g

No comments: