13 February, 2006

3 Feb. Day of

03 February 2006 @ 12:44 am
day of
Less than 24 hours to opening night. I can't really sleep.
I've been watching for the past few nights and into the wee hours of the morning episodes of Arrested Development on borrowed DVD. Finished those last night, so I had to resort to When Harry Met Sally this evening.
I'm turning in earlier than usual because I have class tomorrow very early and then that whole little performance thing.

I wasn't nervous on Wednesday. The lift was fine for the first aria, then for the 2nd they got me up there a bit late but it was still ok.

I want to concentrate more on the acting and the voice rather than thinking about the lift and the dress and the staff.

Wednesday's dress was fine. I was looking at the conductor very hard because I can't hear the orchestra quite so well up on my high perch.
I feel like when I'm with him and the orchestra, it always sounds to me like I'm actually ahead of them. Interesting phenomenon. All I have to do is look at him and make sure it all goes well. He knows how to get good things out of me and knows when to let me take it and fly as well.

Wednesday I also didn't really warm up that much. And ate kind of a crappy dinner before the show, and had a full day of class and general boredom afterwards to do nothing in.
I liked how it felt-not really warming up but still doing it well. I hope that tomorrow in my lesson at 2 I feel warm and then I can just take that and run with it at 8.
I know it will be fine. I just don't want to be nervous.
Although I know that I can sing through anything at my MOST nervous now, so maybe it will actually be a little better and easier!
Wow, what a thought-knowing that I've conquered something and it still sounded damn good (although it felt like I was going to pass out) even when at my most physically and mentally nervous. I think I should take it and use it. No need to be nervous now that all of the technical aspects work in the show! So no need to be nervous physically or mentally about my voice.

Ok then.
Report forthcoming.

-g (or about 8 F's)
Current Mood: ooh la la

No comments: