13 February, 2006

4Jan. Worst cookies/biscuits ever

04 January 2006 @ 08:16 pm
WORST cookies/biscuits EVER
Ok,
Sometimes I feel like I have to cook or bake. I'm actually a very good COOK. I always come up with really interesting recipes that involve cooking fruits like apricots, or making salads with cranberries and other fun non-expected mixtures. I am NOT that good of a dessert baker. I mean, I know how to make an apple crisp. And a Cheesecake. But usually I just don't have all of the ingredients necessary to make what I want to make.
What I want to make is usually something to satisfy my sweet-tooth, and since I never have any desserts in the house, tonight this posed a problem.
I had: flour, peanut butter, sugar, baking powder and soda, and vanilla.
So I figured, perhaps I could whip something up that was cookie-like or biscuit-like without needing milk or eggs.
I found a recipe online for peanut butter biscuits. Don't ask.
It said:
a cup of flour
1/4 cup of peanut butter
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of milk (ok, I used water for this, which may explain why my burnt-nasty dry biscuits were so bad).
I also decided to be a little creative and add a tad of vanilla and some crushed up smart start cereal to the tops of the dough before cooking it (10 minutes at 450).

What did I get?
I have 12 hard little misshapen squares of nasty baking powder tasting burnt peanut butter smelling HARD biscuits with burnt cereal on top that not even a hungry raccoon would taste.

And all I wanted was some dessert.
I guess I'll just have to eat some cereal without milk, and then maybe some pineapple.

So much for expeditions in baking.
Maybe I shouldn't trust on-line recipes. Or MAYBE I should quit thinking that I can substitute water for any liquid required in baking.

-------g

No comments: