01 March, 2006

the ipa gods would not approve

My current interpretation of how much of Amor is memorized:

An dem feeeeeuer sass das kind. AAAAmor, Aaaaamor, und war blind. two.
Mit dem kleinen Fluuuuuugel faaaaaaachelt in die flaaaaa x3 men er und laaaaachelt,
fachelt, lachelt schlaues kind. two three four five six one to three four ach der feeuuuer brent das(?) kind aaamor aaamor lauft geschwind....two...three...
O wie in die gluuut durch peinnet Fluuuugelshlaaaaaaaaues (?) laut er weeeeiiiiiinet (?)

pretty piano music one two three four
Und die hirtin schoss entrinnt hilfe (something- I think Schauend) das shlaue kind.
piano piano und die hirtin hilf dem kind...aaamor...amor...bos und blind.

hirtin hilft dein herz entbrennet(?) (totally made up section coming up now to complete the roulade in the correct key) something with schelmen...crap crap crapp...
seeeh! die flaaaaaa--trill trill, something trilled on an "i" vowel...
Hut dich.
Huuuuut dich vor dem schla....ahhh..ahhh..ues, den schlaue kind
One. fachelt. La-----eeehhh--ehhhh-eeehhh chelt Schlaues kind

Alrightythen.
Better than yesterday when I didn't practice!
And pretty good for today after not practicing except in my mind three or four times, and even then not really looking at what it's supposed to be!

I think I need to fix that one really bad sentence and figure out the dem/den's, and then the schlaue or schlaues situation.
Maybe by my dress rehearsal tomorrow night.
Maybe I could have actually paid more attention to this in the past two weeks instead of watching, oh, say- reruns of Seinfeld, BBC news, crappy local news, and whatever else I get on my 3.5 cable channels between the hours of 11-one a.m.
Maybe I could have also actually paid attention to what each word of this lovely ditty meant a few weeks ago, instead of just trying to sound it out in my head as it is flying out of my mouth.

-g

2 comments:

Gregory said...

"pretty paino music one two three four"

I totally get. In fact, I did a post about my inability to memorize french in such a way not so long ago (http://hojoto.typepad.com/counterpoint_30/2006/02/me_sing_pretty_.html)

Thanks for the giggles.


Hojoto!

me said...

I don't know what part of my brain to thank, but my dress rehearsal went well with that song--- four and a half more hours until I don't care about school anymore!
glad to provide giggles ;)
I read your post on French. I'm absolutelykike that in 20th C. German (ie, STRAUSS!)
:)
g