19 February, 2008

finalmente!! (finalett-ti)

Note to ACB:

THIS IS NOT A FREAKOUT THREAD about the role!! :)

Yayyyy! It's magically there! In my head--the finale!
Woo hoo!

Here's what you do:
When you go to sleep, around 11 (because you have to wake up at 7am the next morning to get on a train for NYC for a coaching),
put the score on the floor to your right,
your ipod (after you listen to it once) to your left,
the keyboard at the foot of your bed,
lay on your BACK, with TWO pillows,
and close your eyes, and even though it's 11 and too early to go to sleep,
TRY...
and when you wake up---you will MAGICALLY have memorized the finale!!!

No, really. It clicked today and I couldn't be happier. Now, onto the other stuff, after that!

I had a kick-ass/ass-kicking coaching on Aria1 today, with RJ--my new mistress of legato/low/middle singing.
Things to remember:

Umm, even though I can do those tricks to sound like La Bubbles did, all light and floaty and childish, I CAN sound like a full (dare I say lyric?) soprano singing all of the runs, twists, turns, AND low notes as well--so, even though I love Belle and how she always makes me smile no matter what I'm listening to or watching of hers, I need to make mine a bit more mature so I don't pull the same old 'coloratura tricks' which include, NOT singing legato and not really attacking staccatti in full voice, etc. etc. (please now refer to index of life page 293., Early Vocal Development and being able to get away with having a young-sounding and incredibly flexible instrument).

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the memorization tip, heh heh. I still think I'll stick to supering... (Translation: I don't have the talent, as much as I wish I did, so I'll keep surrounding myself with it instead)