03 June, 2007

new project

Ok, so my self-diagnosing with the help of WebMD was apparently wrong, since after taking decongestants I developed that scary "I might have bronchitis" kind of productive cough. Whatever. It's day 3 and almost everything is gone including the cough, so I'm just going to chalk it up to a well-deserved post-Opera season sickness due to de-stressing and my body finally knowing that it's ok to get sick and no important singing or rehearsing or coaching is coming up.

AND I have a new project! I know, I know, I"m on vacation. But when did I ever turn a grantwriting project down? NEVERRRRR!

If I had to pick other jobs related to the music world those would be easy:
Agent, Publicist/PR, Artistic Director of an Opera Company or running my own summer program for young singers--things where I get to be dealing with promoting singers whose talents I believe in.

But in my non-musical dream jobs (well, first would be secretary of state, then a cultural attachee to France or something, and then a Middle-Eastern think tank), grantwriting for the arts is a CLOSE...fourth? :)

It's something I've freelanced with for a number of years, something I'm confident about when I have all of the right information to write a kick-ass proposal, and something that I like doing- because it has a timeframe, it's a one-time in-depth research project for me, and it involves getting other people's worthy causes in the arts funded.

So- there you have it.
My next project (due by the end of this week!!!) is the vision of a well-known photographer who wants to do a photo-narrative exploration involving 10 other photographers of a land and people that have been in turmoil with themselves and their national identity ever since statehood.

Off to be creative.

No comments: