13 July, 2007

There is a castle on a cloooouuuudddd

Castles here pretty much rock.
Today I visited THREE of them--all in a one and a half mile radius.

All of the guidebooks say that they "rival Versailles"..well, they say that pretty much about any castle that's not Versailles, but this garden was pretty awesome, as were all of the original pieces of furniture, wall tapestries, fresco ceilings, and other awesome things that I wasn't supposed to take pictures of inside but did.

There was a guard following me into every room but I was pretty sneaky and was able to lose my "tail"!


Here is a 'partial' view of the whole thing...one of the castles:



What's in store for the weekend? Since the weather has decided to cooperate, there will be a visit to a beach/lake or other body of water, probably more castles and medieval structures, the famous Hofbrau Haus for some lederhosen-watching, the Englischer Gartens for the same, except outside, and a very very very hopeful try at getting last minute tickets outside the opera to see Rosenkavalier on Sunday. The show is sold out apparently.

How did my German test today go? Well, I'll have to wait until next week to really find out, but other than blanking out on a few indefinite pronouns because I didn't know what the nominative case was originally that modified the noun, I think it was ok!

No comments: