27 July, 2007

back "home"

Where is my home right now exactly?
Well, after living out of 2 large suitcases for the past 2 months, I'm ready to call just about anywhere I can hang my clothes up, have my own hairdryer, and not need adapters for electricity home...

I still don't really have a permanent address for this year, but in 'between' everything- meaning jobs that aren't in New York...I'll be in New York.

I never thought I'd be one of "those" singers..who didn't have a job in NYC (a singing job that is), but would decide to live here anyway just to be "around" the auditions and the scene- which no one can deny is best for coachings, connections, etc.

I haven't signed any leases or contracts for subletters because I have great friends with Large(!) apartments that have pretty much said I have an open invitation whenever I want and for however long I need to stay in Brooklyn, and I am also LUCKY to have second cousins that live pretty much in my dream apartment and dream location- right behind Lincoln Center--whose apartment I get to use on weekends when they are away at their house on Fire Island. Yea- THOSE types of cousins...trust me, they are twice removed and rollin' in it.
But they still are excited by the prospect of having their "opera singer cousin" stay at their place and warm up for auditions that will be in the UWS area!

So for now as I try to decide which suitcase of clothes I will need for the next week, and can't even think about packing up again for another month of "in between" weather, I'll be happy to be "back"- wherever that may be.

No comments: