31 January, 2007

Gross! (machtige Prinzessin) Part deux

For three weeks I've been told that certain-upcoming-performance will include ONLY certain-commedia-dell'arte-scene, and certain-really-long-aria. NOT the ending duet/sextet which is about 35 more pages of music (the first four following the aria being the most excruciating Strauss I've had to look at in a long time).
Not anymore! Yep, we're doing all of it. When? One month from today. Off book? YEP. Stagings/table readings begin in 2 weeks.
Aaahhhhhh!!!!
So in the middle of this still-horrid cold, my schedule tomorrow (which has been almost EMPTY for weeeeeeks) is: 1 hour scene coaching. 1 hour scene coaching (another coach). 1 hour Lakme coaching.

Oh. My.

Umm, and will I know the scene by my scene coaching tomorrow?
Well, that is what the next 6 hours are good for!

Me today at the piano for thirty minutes on 6 bars of music:

One ee and uh, twooooo...and uh (tri- pe- let) (rest) AND.

WHAT?
Plus German.
Plus what KEY are you in Strauss? Come ON now! Stop writing accidentals in the piano part and not the vocal part!!!


Of course what else is there to do but procrastinate by writing this entry?
ha.
Ok, off to work. Really. Unless I take a nap, have some tea, or have some dinner first.

No comments: