17 October, 2007

workin' 9-5...well, more like 11-8

Today was business day on the ibook.
No singing.
No running lines.
Just writing, researching, appleC, appleV, word documents, applications, competitions, grants, tax forms, bla bla bla.

I'm actually quite good at all of this "business of business" stuff, but today it was nonstop and my eyes hurt from staring at the computer screen.

I'm trying to get all the deadlines for the next month mailed out before I leave for next-show on Saturday morning.

I'm not sure what the accommodations will be like where I'm going to be for the next month:
internetsss??? please say yes! WHAT will I do without wirelesseses? AHHAHAHAH!

Printer? Photocopy? Fax?
I wish there was a little version of an all-in-one printer/fax/scanner that was the size of my little ibook so that I'd never have to worry about where I'm getting some music sent, printed, documents photocopied, resumes and bios printed, etc. etc.

Upcoming: a MET invited dress-rehearsal that I'm looking forward to this week.
Umm, more and more notification of how the audition season is shaping up I suppose, but I don't have to worry about that for almost a whole month!

And I have shiny new pretty (red) suitcases that match and are the essence of hawtness with my matching Red cutie Peacoat to travel across the country.

1 comment:

Wale said...

Hey Stress Soprano,

Love the Aladdin reference in the last post! I don't know why they don't make that into a Broadway musical. Anyways, I found your opera blog and have enjoyed what you've wrote.

I'm actually putting together a social network featuring informal reviews for Manhattan venues (performance spaces, restaurants, spas, etc.) and events (opera, concerts, parties) and I thought that you'd enjoy being a part of our beta testing period. It would be a great opportunity for you to write reviews, promote local events and your blog on a new social network, and connect with people through technology that connects people both online and offline. Let me know if you'd be interested in participating and maybe we can connect in person and have some drinks!

Cheers,
Wale
wale@mapflex.com