18 October, 2007

everyone is so bloggy lately..

..no wonder I don't go to sleep until well past 3am!

ACB's "LIST" post got me thinking about the music that I have to learn.
Well, have to is a strong word. I'd choose "should" or "it would be nice" or "I've always wanted to" learn instead.

Current-opera- done and done. Have to review on the airplane on the way there!

Current audition pieces:
Durch Zartlichkeit
Chacun le sait
Zerbinetta
Saper Vorreste
Glitter and be gay
Fire Aria (as of last week's repolishing)

And sometimes if it's specifically being cast:
Der holle rache

And on standby in case the opera is being done or I feel the need to offer ANOTHER really long aria that shows something that the other rep. doesn't:
AND on general standby because so many peeps are h8trz:
Lakme Bell Song
Olympia Doll Song
Norina's Aria
O luce
Monica's waltz


Pieces to brush up for future lieder-"things":
Debussy Quatre chansons de jeunesse
Strauss Brentano Lieder
Liszt- a few nice German pieces
Bernstein- I hate music I-V

Pieces I always keep at-the-ready in case some orchestra comes calling! :)
Rachmaninoff Vocalise
Mozart Exultate

Pieces I've had on my list to learn for a while:
Gliere- Coloratura Concerto
OH SO MUCH oratorio that I've just completely ignored because I usually like to have my Christmas...ooops- HOLIDAY/ H/ch/anukka break to myself and my family.
Mozart Concert Arias that will round out a set

Opera pieces/roles--oh, the list goes on and on.
But at the top of it is learning Act I of Ariadne- since I already have the 2nd "opera" part down.
Then maybe it's to learn a "useful" other role that I could be singing in the future.

In terms of arias- although I wouldn't readily replace anything on my audition list, there are always the following to think about and play with as possible substitutions. But every time I start to play with them, I just think- Zerbie shows this, Lakme shows this, Chacun shows this- and I like them MORE:
Nixon in China- Mme Mao
Cendrillon- Fairy Godmother
Arabella- Fiakermilli
Postcards from Morocco- Lady w/handmirror

What I'm bringing with me to next-opera:
The Gliere, the Mozart, the Lieder, and Ariadne.

Maybe in a month I can come back to this list and cross things off of it!

No comments: