15 September, 2006

online romp

Now that I'm officially "borrowing" wireless from "Jays Network" in my building (calm down! My order installation guy is supposed to come today between 12 and 3!), I can get back to spending every second of my free time online.
There is just SO much to do!

First of all, I need a new Italian aria. So- thanks to itunes music store, Joan Sutherland, Beverly Sills and Sumi Jo, I have some new lovely listening to do in everything from Piccinni to Handel to Bellini to Mozart. The goal- a SHORT, HIGH piece. Preferably NOT ABA, but if it's short and high, I'll consider it. And oh yea, Italian. Because I'm sick of singing o luce, people hate norina, Oscar is boring, caro nome is being taken over by lyrics, and I want to find something random and cool to be my Italian piece that not that many people know- since all my other people are coloratura party tunes.

Well, of course it wasn't just enough to listen to the music, so while downloading, I was perusing synopses, cd track names, translations, online scores--which took me on a google exploration of the local university library policies for checking things out or going in there and making "study" copies of scores--and then there was always my email check-in refresh tab every 5-7 minutes.

Oh yeah, I also ordered my kodakgallery photos (finally) from the summer and this past year- so now instead of looking online to remember what I did and who my friends were, I'm going to receive about 150 photos to put in many scrapbooks and albums over the next few weeks...yea, like I'll have time for that now that I have the internet EVERY DAY!

Then I checked in with Strong Bad, the NYtimes, the forum, which led me on another trip down google lane about summer programs, people already cast in summer shows, audition dates, deadlines, googling MORE singers, googling ME and being reminded of how crappppy my website is and how much I need to update it with at least my current resume! ...and basically since having internet I've spent about 40 dollars since last night at 11pm.
Lovely.

Maybe now that I have internet I'll also pay my online credit card bill from this last month of the move/ new ikea furniture splurge/ buying out target and walmart for household items.

g

No comments: