28 July, 2008

audition

Is this the first audition of the upcoming season or the last audition of the last season?
Well, I'm going to say it's the first for the upcoming season so I can start out on a really positive note and stay on a roll.

I got to the theater early, met with the accompanist and even got to run through every piece (not full voiced singing or anything)..he needed a refresher on Zerbinetta and had NEVER played or seen or heard of Glitter. HHHWHAT? This country is weird.

Sang DurchZ first which went SOOO well. It's sweet, it's mozart. It shows high, and especially shows low. It shows breath control, it shows acting..in short, it's a keeper.

Then they chose Chacun le sait. Nailed the G, nailed everything else about the piece...in all, a short and sweet and VERY kick ass audition.

Was asked what I was up to this coming year, this past year, etc. etc.-- all in all, exactly what I wanted to do: present myself to a new opera house, sing an awesome audition, and hopefully have my name be in the back of their minds for casting of future seasons.

Five more days and then I'm back in the US and diving into the NYC move, figuring out the next 5 months in terms of side projects and upcoming audition schedules, and getting to enjoy a city that I've never lived in for long enough--and now I finally get the chance ;)

No comments: