21 September, 2007

voldemort still lives (of course- it's only book 5)

I finally finished the book at 4:30am last night.
There shall be no more discussions on that. I think that I just have to not read them, and watch the movies instead, because staying up until 4:30am is certainly eventually going to be detrimental to my sanity and probably health.

There are SO many fun conversations on nfcs right now about application fees, audition woes, did you hear from so-and-so, who has a sublet in NYC? It's just so amusing to read during audition season, when really, NO good information is given (except by the administrators and Opera Directors who are the voice of reason and try to calm us all down by explaining the large budgets that they have to balance with audition expense trips---totally acceptable). Everyone is so snippy. "Have you done a search"? "Always sing what you sing best, stop tailoring your audition materials", "Patience Grasshopper" "My 5-yes, but I've never heard you".

I feel a bit badly for the newbies every year who are so excited about all of the flurry of information and activity, but who are totally shot down by the returning, jaded posters, who have been doing auditions seasons for the past 5 or so years of the forum's existence, and therefore know that the same threads show up every year and are sick of it.

As for me, things are in the development stages.
Since I have another gig this audition season, I have fewer opportunities to audition for the big summer programs as well as mainstage for next year that may be coming through town during those dates.

I'm still working on it though.
Previous-Yap is coming to hear me in current-role, to hopefully help with the decision of whether I'll be hired as a principal in previous-Yap for current-role.
If that worked out for the summer I'd sure be one happy camper.

Next year's unfolding opportunities are a mix of the usual year-rounds, with the added kick/zest of hopefully any mainstage auditions that I can get, plus Europe thrown in the mix as well- if I can ever get over there to sing for the right people, or consider doing the NYIOPs at the right place, right time.

Oh yea, and tonight- we feast. And then fast.
Gmar Chatima Tova.

No comments: