16 March, 2007

lucky thing #1

Just found out the schedule is changing for next week and I indeed will NOT be in rehearsal until 5:30 and trying to make a 6:34 airplane.
Rather, I'll be having my cast's run through in the am.

ONE DOWN!!
ONE TO GO!
Need to make that NYC sedan drive like a bat out of hell to get to Kennedy on time AFTER my audition next week!
Pretty please please please.
:)

In other inspiring things o' the day,
the NYT article on acting and opera had a great line in it describing how Ali approached his fights- he never said he was going to beat someone, he was just going to sting them, and fly like a butterfly- etc- so much confidence and belief in what he was about that he just had to do what he did.

That is such a powerful approach I think- very much like the Mojo or the "F-U" approaches that are often discussed on NFCS to deal with stage fright, anxiety, nerves, and just power over others in your performance.

Having above average anxiety and nervousness about the upcoming performance since I get one shot, it's the biggest thing I will have ever sung and done in my singing career so far, and I KNOW that I can and will be great- but still have continuous butteflies in my stomach about it, reading that calmed me down for a second.

I DO know that I can do this. This is what I DO!
So just get out there and do it.
The best you can.
Oh I sound like a sad sad slogan.

Back to the coachings and rehearsals.
After today we will have staged the ENTIRE opera!
Yeaahhh!
Only 40 more pages and then I DIE of FLOWER poison on a small bed in a hidden shack in forest!

No comments: