22 March, 2007

24

No, not the show with JACK and his ticking clock- just MY past 24 hours:

5pm- leave for airport
5:25pm- park at airport, go through security.
5:40pm- realize that EVERY flight on every airline that has to go to Chicago is delayed by 4 hours or cancelled. (OH crap goes through mind --how will I get to NY?)
5:47- talk to American Airlines dude and ask him HOW I can get to anywhere on the East Coast by tomorrow at 7am.
5:53- Get a DIRECT flight on Northwest to NYC that evening! Leaving at 7pm!

10:50- arrive NYC.

Sleep very little at a friend's place because the stress of that day, and the upcoming travel stress of the next day woke me up every two hours--out of horrible dreams of missing flights and being fired...etc...

8am- wake up
8:45am- leave apt. on the way to audition.
9am- STUPID audition studio that SAID I'd have NO trouble doing a walk-in warmup room at 9am is BOOKED SOLID until 10:30am- thank goodness I did a FEW lip trills before leaving the house.
9:27am- hide in the Men's dressing room and try to warm up
9:32- get caught by studio guy who says that Equity would have a fit if they knew a girl was singing in the guy's dressing room.
9:32- Tell studio guy I'm not equity, I'm AGMA..and walk out of there.
9:55- Audition. Durch Z and Saper Vorreste.

Thoughts: As I was not fully warmed up, this was no CLOSE to my best, but I don't think bad by any standards either. I can never tell how many other kick ass Durch Z's they hear, with full high E's, great runs up to the E's and A's, and in general fun, good acting.
I could have had better legato, but that really is maybe my only thought about that...plus my general attitude didn't seem to all be there because I was worried about not being fully warm.
Oscar- awesome. Think I acted it the best ever- plus it was the first time I ever offered it...I like it so much better than long 'n boring O luce, and overdone Norina-- so maybe this will stick.

10:07- get downstairs and find Car service waiting.
10:47- arrive at Kennedy.
11:24- flight is SUPPOSED to be boarded and leave, but it's 30 minutes delayed.
2:02- arrive HERE.
2:11- after ridiculous airport run-around I FINALLY find where I parked my car and how to GET there (yes, I was at the right lot but somehow there were no elevators on MY side of the lot--so I had to go to another terminal practically--to get to my car on the 3rd floor)
2:32- ARRIVE AT REHEARSAL that began at 2:30!!!!!
5:30- End rehearsal exhausted, in my "plane" clothes, and go HOME to update blog, check email, and NAP until rehearsal tonight which is in 2 hours!!!!

I made it. It was crazy. And I don't want to have to do it again any time soon. But I did it this time, and luck was on my side.

1 comment:

Gregory said...

Here's to hoping I can call you neighbor soon!

GP