30 March, 2007

it's the weekend of the show y'all

Will I EVER not use that title post to open show day or show weekend? Probably not- since Waiting for Guffman is just that good.

I went to the orchestra dress for the other cast tonight to hear some acoustical balance things. Mostly good, mostly they were controlling themselves in this lush French music that is easy to overpower two singers in their middle voices for most of the duets and recits.

Feelings:
Umm, still not nervous (just WAIT until Saturday night and Sunday).

Back hurts and muscles are sore from stress and fatigue probably, but today was my last chance at getting a massage. If I do it tomorrow I'll be too "loose" for Sunday. Yes, this happened before- the first time I sang QOTN I got a gift certificate from a relative for a massage and I felt like falling asleep during the next two days (one of which was the performance). It releases SO much that it's hard to gather that energy back up and use it full force in performance.

Family comes in tomorrow. So does boy. It's always MORE stressful for me to plan out things to do with them while NOT talking to much, NOT making myself tired, NOT eating out too much---before a show. I used to hate when they came to see me, because it would make me MORE nervous for some reason. THIS time I am really glad they're here.

My parents, however, were given directions by me NOT to attend because of a conflict with my youngest brother's FINAL college A capella spring show. It's a big one. He's the music director. He has a senior solo, and speakers that will talk about him...plus I remember my senior show so well and my parents were there and it's really a shame to miss it. We're on the SAME day--same time-- two different time zones--so I told my parents that this is HIS last college show maybe forever--and this is MY first Lakme--something I'm sure they'll see me do again.

And with that, it's before midnight and I'm ACTUALLY tired.
So I'll try to stretch out my back, maybe even put some icy-hot on it (or Vick's vapor rub- same thing, kind of), and get a somewhat decent night's sleep---
because I won't be sleeping much in the next two days if nerves are anything like they usually are.

Ah, tossing and turning and reciting French recit, arias, and duets for 300 pages really can get you through a night.

Probably no more posting (unless I'm really energetically or nervously inspired) until POST- SUNDAY!!!

2 comments:

Gregory said...

Toi toi toi. Much love and enjoy yourself as much as you can!

me said...

thanks gp,
It's friday and I'm feelin' good ;)