28 March, 2007

final run-through

This afternoon my cast had it's final run-through...it was also our FIRST run-through in costumes (for my cast).

The situation is a bit strange because the cast B here never gets an orchestra rehearsal until we're up there doing it, and in our only theater run-through just the principals were in costume, and everyone else could be in street clothes.

It was close to impossible to feel like this would be a show-- especially since I got a late start today and didn't do any warmups besides a few lip trills in the shower.

It's strange how BOTH times when I had important run-throughs and I didn't really do my normal routine for warming up (and was actually running late in general), that the runs went the most smoothly.

Things to remember:
If I can JUST close that fourth wall and only react to everything onstage I have a much more calm perspective about my peformance, what I have to do, and my job out there.

No one is there except for the conductor...and the people onstage with me.

Ooooohhhhhmmmmmmm....

Next: If you're scared of heights don't do this production. Act III is 8 feet up in the air with no walls, creaky floorboards underneath you, and exactly a THREE foot deep and eight foot long playing area.

And lastly: If I ever learn how to walk with trains, long skirts, petticoats, and not feel like I'm about to trip over myself every second, I should get a prize.
Actually, I should get a prize if I can get up and down those stairs from the 8 ft. "loft" in Act III without completely walking "up" my dresses.

How do girls DO it with such ease and how come I always walk into my dresses!??!


And lastly lastly---
Relaaaaxxx guy!

I am feeling more and more confident about Sunday.

No comments: