31 January, 2009

so maybe taco bell at 1:30am wasn't the best idea

I have NEVER eaten at taco bell before. In my LIFE.

But last night after the show I was ravenous. Well, I'm always ravenous after the show.
But usually I can contain myself slightly and eat whatever is in the fridge instead of purposely stopping at a fast food place that's on the way home.
Ok, that is a total lie. There have been at least 4 evenings in this past month that I've gotten a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's after a particularly long evening rehearsal. NOT the meal. Just the sandwich. Protein, right?

But taco bell? Never. Well, with friends in town that ended up hanging out for about an hour after the show, and no food in the fridge because I haven't bought groceries in 2 weeks (except healthy things like apples and lettuce...and who wants THAT at 1am?)...we all decided to DRIVE THRU Taco Bell at 1:30am last night.

So after half of a chicken burrito and some mildly warm cheez-whiz-gelatinous-yellow substance with unsalted chips, I was feeling nice and full.

That plus half a bag of sour patch kids earlier in the evening will just about do it to any system--
Wake up feeling like your voice bla, your throat is bla, and there's no flu or rhino-virus to blame for it.

I know the health rules and the better choices, but it's difficult when my days and nights almost get flipped because of performance schedule.

Having enough energy onstage from 8-11pm means having extra energy until 3 or 4am, waking up at 11 or 12, lolling about, and only eating one meal that's probably not so substantial because I'm just not that hungry before a show.

So now I have 8 hours to be good and get back to normal.
Water, tea, maybe some eggs for breakfast (at 1pm), warm up around 5 and then off to performance number 6!

No comments: