04 September, 2008

give my regards to broadway

Wow. Two amazing musicals in one week.
Wicked last week and tonight Gypsy with the unforgettable Patti LuPone.
Oh, and during the week via tv, dvd, and dvr: The Producers, Legally Blond, Hairspray, and Chicago.
Yea, it was that kind of week :)

The performance tonight was electric. AND I got Ms.L's autograph after the show!
She was SOOO nice! EVEN though her car was waiting to whisk her away for the evening, she Sharpied every program that was held out for her after the performance and was more than cordial about it.

It really has been about a month full of music for me- from live operas to live theater, to new musicals and old favorites.

I'm ready to dive into my own work.

Oh yea, and like Lil'MissB, (we must be on the same wavelength or something), I also went to the gym for the first time in a *while* today, signed my name in blood for the next year (plus or minus a month of 'holding' my membership when I'm away), and signed up for 3 personal training sessions so a big buff (and hopefully hot) man can tell me to get my butt in gear and stop being a little baby about the zillion and one sit-ups he's about to make me do.

My alarm is set for 8:30am tomorrow. Cardio class.
Let's see if that actually happens.

Coaching tomorrow.
Goal: Sing through everything Italian possible and PICK something for audition season.

No comments: