01 March, 2008

temporary housing

Well, it's been 9 days of New York City living, learning, coaching, hanging out, taking advantage of the city. I'm still in transit where my lodgings are concerned, although thanks to very generous friends I'm able to avoid paying rent for the time being.
I will be here next week, and have the pleasure of being put up in a hotel for 4 days courtesy of a competition. And then the NEXT week I'll be house-sitting on the upper west side...so all in all, not a bad way to spend three and a half weeks in the city, saving money (is that possible here?) preparing for the next role, and getting a chance to catch up with old friends whenever possible.

I think the next time I'm here for a long period of time (possibly the entire fall?) I'll definitely look into a sublet. It's wonderful to have friends with open doors, couches, beds, kitchens, and other various amenities--like hairdryers, and visitor guest passes to their gym...but I can't really imagine being in transit like this and NOT being in opera rehearsals with provided housing..somewhere.. for more than this period of time.

Up next- coaching, audition, competition, lesson, coaching, lesson, discussion panel, and very possibly some social activities that may involve....gasp...dating?

No comments: