11 March, 2008

lesson number two

Met with new-teacher yesterday for lesson number two.
It's so amazing to hear and see and feel progress---in 2 45 minute sessions.
After the first session, I had three auditions, recorded 2, and was impressed with how different-in-a-good-way it sounded. Rounder. Polished.
After yesterday, where I ended up working through the three arias that are most "me in auditions" right now, I felt like I could keep singing for hours and hours, and that it just got easier and easier.

So what can I say to describe how I need to think about the sound?
As usual, eyes and cheeks--smiling.
The eee vowels is in an 'oh' mouth--or a tube--but still "above" something, not right on it inthe middle.
Expansion like fairy wings in the back.
Leaning on the front column of air and keeping it pressed out the entire time.
But NEVER holding. ANYTHING. Always moving. Always air flow. Always vibrating. And ALWAYS easy. No space-making, no tricks, just saying it, relaxing, and passaggio F/Fsharps are smaller than I want them to be. So are top notes. Always sing from a place where I can start a trill.

And....go.

No comments: