11 December, 2007

there's a liiiiiight....

Ok, so it's no quite Rocky Horror, but audition season is one draining time.
And I got here late, too!

It's the couch to bed to airmattress.
It's the carry-on sized suitcase with more audition clothes than daytime clothes (yes, I've been wearing the same jeans for 4 days- got a problem?!)
It's the LORD HAVE MERCY it's cold and I'm walking outside because I'm too poor and stubborn to hail a cab.
It's the oh, can I please not get sick this week or next week or next next week- WHAT is that cough?
It's the eating out because I don't really have an "in" to eat at.

But then again,
it's also the- wow, I haven' seen you in so long! You look great. What are you singing? Where are you living? SO glad I ran into you (at NOLA, of course).
It's the- I'm so excited you got it! You sang well! You heard back! You're a semi-finalist! You're an alternate! You're in!

What I did today:
Definitely not practice the song that I need to know for tomorrow.
that happens immediately after I press the "publish now" button.

Bought a dress. Oh yea. Like I have a gown in nyc this week? NOPE. Needed one for the finals. UGH. It's O-K. and it was cheap.
Bought a round trip ticket from LA to NY, because BEFORE I can start my vacation, I have to interrupt my vacation by coming back to NY for TWO more auditions on the 18th.

So, I've spent 460 dollars including a bagel and schmear, about to spend a bit more on dinner (DELUXE, uws), help a sick cousin out by giving her my mucinex (not ALL of it of course), and bringing her soup, and oh yea, then practice that pesky song.

Can it please be over soon?
The crazy?
Can that be over?

No comments: