15 August, 2011

on the ball

Nothing like an upcoming audition to get the ball rolling again.
I practiced (and practiced WELL) for the past 4 days. I'm not sure what aria I will begin with, but, lately, I'm into the oldie, but goodie- Fire Aria.
MAYBE? I have never started with it. But- it's short and sweet and then they can pick WHATEVER they want next, right?
I have already sung Zerb and Marie for this same company 2 years ago, and DurchZ about 3 years ago, I believe.

I like auditions while on 'vacation', because I am always so relaxed for them. It doesn't end up being my whole day (because of course there are better things to do on vacation than get super hyped for an audition and let it control your entire day).
I get ready in the morning, walk in, sing, and then I'll be on my way to a southern beach resort for a 2 day jazz festival.

Not bad at all!
Ciao for now...be back at the end of the month.



No comments: