19 November, 2008

apostrophe to a post nasal drip

Dear cold/flu/virus/bug that has taken over what otherwise would have been my perfectly healthy, actually getting-in-shape-for-a-marathon body!

Look what you've done.
On Friday night I felt this little tickle and thought you may be near, but I warded you off with Chamomile tea, a warm blanket, and staying indoors.
Saturday, still feeling like you were in sight like an unwelcome party guest at a high school 'hang', I limited my evening festivities carefully, choosing the healthy turkey burger and water, instead of the richer foods with wine. Ok, late saturday night I thought I could oust you with two vodka cranberries, but the alcohol should have cleared you right out of there, plus any lingering infection, no?

Sunday I thought I was finished with you. My throat didn't scratch, and I had downed enough vitamin C in the past 3 days to support a small colony of scurvy-ridden sailors.

But monday.
Monday, monday--I did NOT feel good. AND I had an important audition! What did you make me do? Leave work with a headache, warm up for way longer than my usual 5 minutes, be cautious as an auditionee instead of care-free, and then come home to soup, tea, and feeling like general dog-droppings.

Tuesday I knew I needed to take it easy but you had taken over my airways--and so tissues were on hand, cough drops were in sight, and it was a constant duo of nose-blowing and teeth-crackling-Ricolas.

Now I wake up today and the cough is in my chest? Really? COME ON! I am going to take extreme measures (just as soon as I can extract myself from under my warm blankets and self-pity), and go to Duane Reade and buy something that will knock you OUT of me!
I'm not quite sure what that is...just yet...
But it MAY be mucinex--and trust me, I'll DEAL with feeling medicine-head-y and slightly intoxicated just so that you leave my system in a TIMELY fashion!
It MAY be some kind of sudafed--and yes, I'll deal with the blood vessels thinning and the dryness for today AND tomorrow as long as You are OUT.

So get going!
ps- I have to get back to week 2 of training and you are really holding me up. What happened to all that good energy and work from last week? Oh yea, it's DROWNING in chicken soup and chamomile tea!

BUG-Be-GONE!

No comments: