18 March, 2011

class

Here in Deutschland I've been using the DeutscheBahn (dbahn) train system for the past two years for most of my travel throughout the country and to Austria, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, etc- for auditions, vacations, visiting friends. I've had two or three semi-horror stories...that one time we got stuck on a track because an animal (thankfully not a PERSON) got run over by the train, and we just.sat.there for three and a half hours (I arrived in switzerland at 2am the night before my audition)., that other time where I stood for 5 and a half hours between brussels and frankfurt (no seats except the suitcases you were sitting on in the aisles) because of the 2009 december snow storms.

Generally, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm always on ICE trains (the fast, clean, did I mention FAST trains?), and I get where I need to go without much hassle.

Anyway, yesterday my only train option for an audition that was 5 hours away was an EC train, followed by the last hour with ICE.

LET me just describe to you the difference between 2nd class travel on the ICE and 2nd class travel on an EC.
LET me describe it to you in a SMELL:
(warning, do not read on if you are faint of...heart/smell/language, etc)

..
..
..

..

..

..

Cold Cuts and Garlicky Farts.


I kid you not.
for 4 hours.
That is all.

No comments: