06 January, 2011

rehearsal update

After our first day of musical rehearsal (approximately 3 hours of music in which I had about 10 minutes of singing), my schedule was as follows: Tuesday, no rehearsal.
Wednesday, called from 1-2:30 to run through act I (even though I hadn't been staged into act I yet)...ended up being told where to enter, stand, exit, not have to sing, and get to leave after 11 minutes.

The thing is, I DO enjoy being at rehearsals.
What do I do when I'm NOT there?
I have gone to the gym every day. Yes, my 20 minutes on the elliptical the first day turned into 35 in just three days, so now I think I'm back on track and close to where I was last year with the 40 minute OR 1.5-2 mile workout per day, so that's pretty good. Let's see if I can keep it up for the month.
There are a LOT of channels on the television that I'm not used to having.
So that's on. A lot. More than I'd like to admit.
BUT yesterday I had the GENIUS idea of MUTING the tv during commercials and doing 'memorization runs' of the words to next-opera.
Actually, it kind of worked.
Today-- well I've been awake since 7:30am, it's now 8:45 (email/facebook/nytimes..blog).
I'm called for Act 2 for about an hour later this afternoon.
My morning? When it actually starts it will include the gym...

No comments: