28 December, 2009

only a few days left...

This year is coming to a close and I can't believe that it's the LOWEST blog-entry year so far!
Usually I'm in the 200s per year- meaning, I write about every two days-ish (you know I can't do math let's stop this numeric thing in it's tracks right now and just say I didn't write as much. Period)., but this year I wrote less less less than 2006, the first blog year (well actually it was 2005 but I important my livejournal entries all at once in 2006).

Yes, but what does it all mean?
Oh- nothing.
I suppose maybe I was busy with things IRL (in real life). Maybe I also COULDN"T share as much about some musical things as I would have liked to.

This is still as anonymous as I can make it..without talking about specific productions and places, but it's still not too hard to google-ninja your way into my 'real life'--but there are some things that I still can't write about. I'll save it for my memoirs. HA!

What am I looking forward to this year? Well, again- I am happy and thankful that I am really a 'working singer'. I have no other job. This is what I do.
Prepare for the next show, rock the next show, NEXT.

I am also loving the time off that I have---for said preparation, and for 'real life'.
I am still trying to make that weird transition to living in Europe and singing..anywhere.
I'm not going to say that it would be so so so much easier if I was just here a Majority of the time (although it would be)...but I can't give up on contacts and colleagues and inroads that I have made with a number of companies in the US that I've sung with and will sing with in these last few and next years.

I guess this is the life, right?
I mean- there is no more 'school', there is no more 'living in NYC as a poor singer with a part time job trying to find an agent or get an audition'. There are no more 'programs'.
It's pretty much laid out for me.
If am granted the audition, if I sing well, if I"M the one that they choose for whatever reason it is, then I work.

Weird..can I please do this forEVAH? evah evah?

No comments: