05 February, 2009

One Week

In one week and about seven hours I'll be on an airplane to Europe.
In between now and then I still need to:

Sing 2 operas, hang out with my family who is coming to visit and hear the final performance, return my rental car (hopefully scratch-less from the insane drivers in this city), pack, get on an airplane, arrive in NYC at 8pm on Sunday, get to my previous-apt. which I can thankfully still crash at anytime I want, wake up on Monday without "airplane voice", sing an audition at noon, return upstate, unpack, repack (for 5.5 weeks in a carry on suitcase because that's how I roll), take another train back to NYC, voice lesson, sleepover at best friend's apt, audition, sleep over at previous-apt., audition, GET TO AIRPORT on time and get on a plane!!!

I also still need to make photocopies of music, print out maps of where I'm supposedly staying/going/traveling in Europe, make sure that my camera is charged...
Speaking of which, I REALLY REALLY wish that I could bring myself to buy the coveted CANON RebelXSi camera that I've been eying for so so long...because this would be a perfect trip to have it.

Hmm...last minute purchase? Yikes! I'm so tempted.


But getting back to where I am now, and not one week from now---
I've had an amazing time during this production. Really great colleagues that I can now call good friends...and not just on facebook! This show has been so much fun. Great music, fun stage-work, easy singing, and it doesn't hurt that the beautiful beach is about 7 minutes away.

Tonight we have a new conductor for our 2 final performances since we are in a secondary location. So it will be a whole new show again. I'm excited, of course, because I know it will add yet another element of 'new' into the performance tonight.
That plus the fact that last time we performed was five days ago!

Off to find some breakfast (at noon), and then get ready for show #7.

No comments: