08 February, 2009

gone baby gone

Tonight's last performance was so much fun! Great energy, new laughs, and then it was time for the bittersweet parting...
Saying goodbye to a cast that you are not so sure when you will see or work with next.
Knowing that even though I have SO much energy right now that I still have to wake up, throw everything that I have left into the suitcase, return the rental car, get to the airport, and get on an airplane trip that will really cement the close of this gig.

It's times like these when I sometimes wish I DID have a place in NYC--that way I know that I'd at least see everyone when they came through the city for auditions, or to perform, hang out, or even live.

But I still don't live anywhere...and as Peter Pan says--I'll never grow up never grow up never grow uuuuuup, not me....not I!

No, I think I will. It's just not time to really move anywhere permanent because...there's no reason to--yet! And who knows if NYC will really be my final destination--after all, I AM about to embark on a European journey that may just lead to a new home somewhere else for a little while.

Of course, there are always my "25 things" (see side bar) to still fulfill---living in the city, living in the burbs, split a year in Paris, Munich and Milan....so---I'll still take being a hobo for a while until something pulls me in another direction.

On to the smaller, less complicated things---like, am I going to finish the M&M McFlurry I bought myself as a post-show treat and feel incredibly and overly full? Or will I learn how to say "NO" and attempt to go to sleep without a tummy ache and a sugar high?

Hmm....the M&Ms are calling.

No. Must be strong.

g'nite. I think.

No comments: