09 April, 2010

another good one

I warmed up for about 20 minutes yesterday, sang through some audition rep that I HAVEN"T been asked for in a while! (Rosina, Fee) just cuz...and then proceeded to sing all of Lucia.

And felt SO good at the end.
Yes, my speaking voice couldn't go quite as low. But it didn't affect my singing voice. I didn't feel tired, and in fact, I could have kept on singing.

I'm confident that the 'double header' I have ahead of me- Saturday night/Sunday matinee - will be great.
And that is a good feeling.

Not much to report these days except that I'm still trying to do the biking/bikram combination to feel healthy and ready physically for the dramatic and vocal tasks ahead.

I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say once I'm actually in rehearsals at the end of the month, but for now, enjoying my last 2 weeks here, have 2 upcoming auditions that I am preparing for, have a fun weekend planned, and will eventually start thinking about packing up my life again for 5 and a half weeks.

No comments: