24 April, 2007

new motivation

Yes, since just posting yesterday that I'm in a "down period of productivity" I suddenly have new projects. FUN!

A. Have to make a recording of an aria I've only sung for fun about 4 yrs. ago--by tomorrow or the next day. Why? To be considered for the role for next year. Why? Because I can't be released from our final dress rehearsal to go to NY and audition for it. Why? Because I don't have a dark night- even though there are two casts, I'm single cast (duh- my role is tiny).

B. Will be receiving scores of NEW Italian aria that I'm going to learn for my auditions next year (possibly) and other general recordings. And also will be receiving score of role for September. Oh yea, THAT'LL (not) distract me from learning that new page of Italian recit. Anything new in the future is always so much more exciting that what you have to learn for rehearsal later on that day.

C. Still have my hopes up about large-summer-famous-competition-abroad, because I know people who have received rejection emails already. I don't know anyone who has been accepted, and the forum posts are all very mysterious about whether people got in or not. It just says "yes, I heard. Good luck"...or something to that effect--for more than one person. So I don't know if that means they got a NO, or if they got a YES, OR if they know the director of the competition (from the current YAP he runs) and already know they're in.

D. I downloaded a kind of fun language program called BeforeYouKnowIt, byki.com (for FREE), that is basically a beginning or refresher course in appropriate vocab. in almost every language that you can think of. So now instead of watching law and order at midnight and one am, I'm quizzing myself on things like Die Kaffee, Die Kreditkarten, and other fun der die das vocabulary for restaurants, colors, hotels, and more.

E. Competitions. The promised post is still upcoming--after I learn this German aria and record it.

F. What can I say- I suppose I just love to be busy and challenged, and sometimes when I don't have anything going on and COULD be doing all of these things, I forget how great it feels to be motivated to do them.

No comments: