05 April, 2007

back at home

Audition:
Zerbinetta as a starter- felt pretty good. Sang really well. Room was very nice as was the vibe. Didn't feel SO artistic about it, but knew that it was "on" and "acted".
So I dont' know.

Then when I listed my other arias I got "can I hear something legato"--so while there are sections of legato in each of those arias, I suppose the Oscar is the most legato (although now that I think about it the DurchZ is, but whatever)

Sang it. Went really well.
Got a "you'll make a wonderful Oscar next year" comment.

And that's it.
And that's when I started thinking---thinking that I've been on this performance high and these audition highs because I've been doing things to try and set up my life next year.

And now I just feel not high. I know it can be post-performance depression/letdown, but I DO have things upcoming and I AM excited about them.

What I waver between being excited and freaked out about is the same thing. What my life will be like in January. And where I'll be.
I know where I'll be in September, October, November, and December---mostly auditioning plus and upcoming opera.

But then what?

More thoughts on this later maybe.
For now, translating the next opera.

No comments: