26 March, 2007

spring cleaning!

It's finally nice enough to have the windows open and the nice WARM sunny fresh air seeping through the screens.

I spent yesterday spring cleaning--in between being online and running back and forth from the laundry machine and my room.

I put the coats away in their trunk! I put MOST of the sweaters away. Frankly, I put most of my CLOTHES away (their usual home is on my bed after I've taken them out of the dryer, or on something else in my room that is NOT dressers of shelves).

Then I moved on to the piles of papers.
Tax papers that I haven't filed yet, recommendation letters for YAPs from years ago, records of everything, old planners with audition locations and what I sang.
Of course every year I look at these things while I'm packing or unpacking, and decide to keep them- just in case. And every year I use those things MAYBE once for reference..and otherwise they collect in paper piles in my room, office, and file cabinets.

I did all the dishes, dusted, washed my comforter cover (and put the SECOND comforter that I sleep with away!!!), and today I may even get around to vaccuming.

The strange thing about the beginning of spring is that I have no clothes for it.
I have so many sweaters from winter locations, great summer clothes from my summer vacations and visiting family in the "homeland", and nothing in between.

Today I must have put on 5 outfits before realizing that even though they looked good I had no SHOES to go with them, so I couldn't wear them.
I can't wear my nice heels to rehearsal, I have NO flats (I know, how did I miss that craze, you ask), and my sneaks don't really go with offwhite pants or capris!!

So I ended up in good ole' jeans and a light sweater. Must go shopping. Oh, no, wait- Must wait for hopefully large tax return and then go shopping.

No comments: