10 March, 2007

lakme/dirty pop

LOL.
I came home after an afternoon rehearsal and decided to go through all of my blocking for Act I (which we completed today), and after I did that (listening to Natalie Dessay on my ipod and of course singing along), I went through the rest of the opera (while baking brownies, checking my email and cleaning my room), and as soon as the last note of the opera was over- what is the next song that pops onto my playlist?
Yup, Jtimberlake, my dancin' singing' beat boxin' bfriend- Dirty Pop.

So I've come full circle from French Grand Opera to-- well, this hilarity.

It puts me in SUCH a good mood! If I EVER feel like I'm getting tired or low energy or too technique/acting/voice focused getting through something in the show again all I'm going to have to do is think about singing Dirty Pop as my encore (in my mind!) during the curtain call and everything will be ok in the world.

I kind of want to have a dance party in my apt. right now.
Love it.

No comments: