13 March, 2007

numb

I just had a coaching with the entire right side of my face and tongue numb. It went pretty well considering when I warmed up with lip trills I couldn't tell if my side was trilling along!

I decided to sing through Act III and work on the high floats in the "death aria(s)", and also work on line in those same arias and slow recit sections.

Rehearsal starts in an hour,but I may take a quick nap because waking up early, freaking out about needles and drills, and almost passing out when said needles were IN my mouth and I could FEEL as first my gum, then half tongue, then whole tongue and side got numb made me tired!

They take your blood pressure at this office before any procedures and mine was incredibly low this morning (I chalk it up to having just woken up). But as soon as that needle came into view my heart was racing.

Ouchie.

No comments: