10 March, 2007

a night out

Last night was the first time in a LONG time (longer than I'd like to admit), that I actually went "out" on the "town". Usually- and I know this is MILDLY lame- I just can't take it after a full day of rehearsal. I've given of myself (I know, froo froo artsy fartsy..but it's true) and I just don't have the energy to do anything else except maybe review what I've coached or staged that day, check my email, update blog, read nfcs and other blogs, and then magically it's 1 or 2 am and I should probably go to sleep.

Well, I saw a MOVIE last night! AND walked around downtown! (First day that the weather has permitted walking outside for pleasure since about November 5th).
It was relaxing, albeit strange to be doing something that had nothing to do with music or staging or current-yap.

I had such a nice energy rush that I ended up going to sleep around 3am (not good). It's now 1:11 and I have rehearsal at 2. AND I'm still in bed. AND I'm not warmed up. AND I want to stay here as long as possible---except that I have to "prettify" for the love duet staging in 45 minutes.

Ok, Ok! I'm getting up.

ps- comment spam? I hate you so much. Now you're going to have to type in that stupid code in those boxes that are too blurry half the time to see what the letter or number is anyway!
Take that!

pps- Chicago Opera Theater's season announcement is great. I knew 2 of the 3 through my all-googleous powers, and I hope that I get to see Adams' work at SOME point in life soon!

No comments: