06 March, 2007

back from chi-town

This morning I woke up at 4:45am again, got my butt to Midway, and flew back to current-yap for the first day of Lakme rehearsal.
I looked great, but felt so so so tired. And still do. Which is why I'm in bed right now, hoping to nap for an hour (even though I haaaate naps) before I have a dinner date with a friend of mine from undergrad.

Chicago is always a fun city, and I ALMOST got to meet GP---but due to impending snow and sleet at current-state, I had to go BACK to midway yesterday and attempt to fly out standby for the evening. Turns out- after I got to the airport FIVE hours after arriving there that same morning- that they don't LET you fly standby the day BEFORE your flight! They wanted me to pay full price plus 60 bucks to cancel my ticket to fly out Monday.

So I decided to chance the snow and stay over for the night. It WAS flurrying in chicago this morning, but my flight was not delayed or cancelled and I got back to current-yap state with an hour to spare to gussy up for rehearsal.

The audition.
Not much to say except that it was a long distance audition with a video camera and no one really officiating from a faculty position. At least that's how it felt. I sang well, was asked for 1 full piece and then 2 halves of 2 other pieces. That's really it. I felt like I had a great rapport OFF-screen- that is, they turned the camera off in between my pieces- and that's when they talked to me and I talked to them and really was myself. But alas, that will not be on the recording which the faculty judges from and will decide whether to invite me for the live final auditions.

Basta.
Tired.

1 comment:

Gregory said...

So close. Stupid classes!

BTW, I saw that we have a mutual friend of facebook.