14 March, 2008

tiiiiime is on my side...yes it is

Ok, so I have about 15 days to convince myself that I have this opera memorized.
DO I have this opera memorized?
Hmm...let's see.
First recit section- sure, why not
first aria- yep.
next 2 recits and duet- yea
all that crazy finale stuff that goes on for way too many pages--ok, maybe not ALL of the sung interjection-type parts, but the words, repeated words, repeated parts of phrases of words, and that fast stuff...pretty much.

The next act is where it's kind of shady. Sad recit and then angry recit and then mini-trio and then marriage recit are still murky. Some days I know them, some days...not so much. Plus I have the score within eye-sight the entire time I'm quizzing myself which also leads to some cheating, I admit.

SO. 15 days to solidify the last act is totally do-able, I think.

Just need to stop distracting myself with other fun things like possible shiny new computers (yes, ibook might become a hand-me-down to my parents, and macbook may be on the way!), and other distracting activities (no additional info. provided here!) that have been recently taking up my time :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow. I've had fantasies about being an opera singer. Maybe I should stop reading about the reality! It sounds like you have it all under control, even if you don't think so!