21 March, 2008

technology

While I'm being swept away by the enormous coolness of my new computer, I can add that I have also recently added two AWESOME new videos of performances to my super secret online stash--it's accessible on a need-to-know basis..(and you don't need to know! lolzzz)
Umm, yea, so there are video clips of me from live performances. I shall not divulge how I obtained said video clips. Let us just say they exist, they are on a video-sharing website, and they can't be on MY website due to the obviousness of their origin--plus the orchestra would be way mad for no reason (ugh, copyright union stuff). They are not under my name, they are not under their own title (ie, un-google-able), but there is a method to the madness, and whosoever holds the key (ie, password) can view them at their leisure.

I sang in a competition back in November and just noticed that the competition website put up clips of the winners.
I saw the clips and wondered if indeed the whole thing existed. Lo and behold- it did, and now I'm the proud owner of a KICK ASS Glitter on dvd with the high F thrown in, with great acoustics, with spot-on acting (if I do say so myself), as well as a Queen. Ok, I don't care as much about the Queen because I already have a recording of that on my website. But both are so fun!
There was a great acoustic in the hall, the angles are nice--I don't even need to complain that the camera adds ten pounds--because all looks good.

The funniest part of watching this video is remembering that I had to buy the gown at the last minute (thank you Loehmann's upper west side, sale $66 dollars), since we had just one day in between the semi's and the finals, and I didn't bring anything fancy with me to town...and so the gown is NOT hemmed (and thus, the normal 3 inches too long), the tags were still in it (JUST in case I decided to return it the next day--I didn't), I didn't have the, erm, undergarments (read: backless corset bra) that the dress required, and even STILL I managed to look surprisingly put together! Even in Glitter where there is definitely MORE than one opportunity to insert a twirl, a reference to my nice 'threads', etc, all looked 'in place' :) and I'm really happy with the performance--something that is rare for me.
I may even try to burn the audio off of the clip just to have something to send in on CD's that is better than what I already have (oh, except for the take with ORCHESTRA which so so so many companies are now refusing unless I have permission to use it)...really? I mean, I'm using it to apply to your singing competition! Not to sell a cd of my greatest hits with orchestra and not pay the union!

Oooh, a heated post for another day. Now back to some fun with my new mcbk.

No comments: