28 March, 2008

so close

Why do last minute gigs always come up at times when I'm already contracted to do things?
Did the universe not get my memo on that?

MAN- this would have been SUCH a fun one too (summer random-repeat)! But nooooo...I'll be in week-before-tech-week for current-show.

So what can I do? Nothing. I did request a release since it's a semi-staged concert version (again) and would only require missing 5 rehearsals..half of those would be my cast...but the answer was no. And that's acceptable. Really. I'm only bummed because of the actual role and how I just love singing it anytime, anywhere.

I'm already pushing it with current-show though...doing this role premiere as well as a NYC concert premiere at the same time in the first two days of opening nights.

So I guess third time's a charm can't really apply here.

Oh well. I suppose I'll just have to hope that our 'dear master's experiments' will work out sometime again in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog, I just wanted to let you know. I started an opera blog awhile back, and I know it can be kind of wierd to write if you feel like no one is reading, so I just wanted to let you know that I am a fan! I am a voice undergrad right now, so it is interested to read from the perspective of someone who is out there pushing through and working in the business.

me said...

Hi there,
Thanks for leaving a message here :) Glad you're enjoying the blog, and wishing you all the best in your undergrad career and your musical aspirations!