15 March, 2008

499th post

Oooh! Fun!
What can I report about?
The double-checking of memorization is still at a bit of a standstill, HOWEVER it shall be remedied--why? Because over the next 2 days I'll be on a bus for a total of 8 hours--allowing PLENTY of time for line review and memory checks.

I decided to take a quick trip up from NYC to Boston to visit some extended family and also accompany my cousin up there to do an important audition for her acting career.
I think 8 hours of nothing but flipping through the score may just do the trick.

Oh yea, lesson number three.
Worked a bit on the intro. to Zerbinetta. Then offered an insanely high/modern/contemporary/crazy/and have I mentioned insanely high? piece to work on just to get an opinion...the resounding advice was yes, because maybe only 4 or 5 people in the business could sing it at all right now.

I have two more coachings before I'm on my own with the score and rehearsals begin at the end of the month. I think I'll use them to go through as much as I can and just try to be comfortable about the whole thing. What I DO need to remember is that even after just the beginning of rehearsals, I do have a whole MONTH to still make it my own and get it into my body with the staging, etc.
So however low or middle or tentative on cadenzas it feels right now, I think I'm really going to have a stronger idea of what I want when I meet the cast and begin working under directing and conducting.

OK, looking forward to a nice forced-study session on public transit.
And the 500th post.

No comments: