22 March, 2006

stamina

A sleepless night later, I sang this morning and did a decent job. It wasn't my best--but could they tell? Only time (or one day) will tell. They asked for the 2nd piece I did not think they'd ask for. Was it because it's very very hard and high? Or because it's much shorter than the other choice they had (sparing them)?
Interesting.
My own review- I lost some luster in the first piece. It's a crowd pleaser, I know. I tried to sell it, really I did. The vocal was there. But boy was I TIRED during the 2nd verse and especially the end coloratura stuff- especially that last note--where once again I couldn't tell how many thirds above usual I had attempted to sing.
I hung in there dramatically obviously, but it sucks when you know you're only being "listened" to and they are not really amused by what you're doing.

Second piece- Good. Obviously the high notes were there and great. I felt pretty good dramatically about it too. It's really their decision- I'm not sure how many other coloraturas they heard who would be offering any or all of this same music.
I did the best I could on weird sickness, no sleep, and early non-warm up mode.

-g

No comments: