17 March, 2006

more not music

My landlord is in my apt. right now fixing the bathroom sink, which, over the past 2 weeks has been draining more and more slowly. This is great, except that I just rolled out of bed, haven't peed, haven't showered, haven't brushed my teeth, and I have a lesson in approximately 40 minutes. That's what I get for sleeping in because I stayed up late last night reading.

So now I'm dressed in gym clothes, and using this non-shower opportunity to hope that I make myself go to the gym after my lesson---the gym which I have not visited regularly since, oh, November (the last time I was getting buff for a show).

Things I can do in my gym clothes that don't involve going to the gym:
Get coffee and breakfast after my lesson
Go to kinkos and photocopy some music that I want to bind together for next week
Stop at Target on the way to the gym and see if I end up just spending some money there and then turning around and going home.
Do ANYTHING that involves eventually not making it to the gym today.

The thing is, the dance and yoga for the past few months have been really great, but I know if I just go kick my own butt for 45 minutes every other day I'll see the results more than just knowing that I feel good after sore muscles from pliees and downward dog.

Back to my sink- the landlord left, but left the door open. Does that mean I can pee yet?

-g

No comments: