14 March, 2006

public enemy number one

Movement:
Facial, head bopping, leaning, smiling and spreading the Eee's.

Getting back to that ease requires an amount of watching but also an amount of relaxation and trust. Trust that I don't need to do anything with my face or mouth besides just sing the words in the same exact way I would pronounce them.
Trust that I don't have to DO something for the music to happen. Know that it's just all there waiting to be interpreted by my head and emotions.

Trust that I've been hired to sing at least five more roles in the coming year based on what I do at auditions- which is none of this brand spankin' new technical way of looking at things. It's out of my head and in my heart at auditions. Just fly by the seat of my pants fun. It's just the love of the art and presentation. And that is what they hired, and that's what they're going to get.

So no more head banging against the wall. Just smiles (although not too spread!), relaxing, and knowing that this is what I want to do.

This could sound a little more like a hallmark card, no?
I don't want to be all warm fuzzy for myself but for some reason I have to remind myself here so that when I read this again I know what I want.
I just want to do it the way I've always done it.
Simple, easy, pure, right.

-g

No comments: