12 May, 2008

packing fiend

Did I really just fit almost 2 weeks worth of outfits into one carry-on sized suitcase? YOU BET I did!!!
I have lounging clothes, going out clothes, looking cute clothes, looking professional clothes, PLUS an audition outfit and all of the miscellany that entails, my aria binder, my laptop (ok, that's being carried in my shoulder bag, but still), upcoming-opera score, AND a pair of black boots and tan boots and heels.
That better get me through this week and weekend at least...I wanted to pack all of my cute summer stuff, but alas, the forecast at weather.com predicts not-so-fun weather for this week..the high being somewhere in the mid-60s.
So. I don't know where I'm sleeping tomorrow night (yet)..BUT after that I'll be in ONE place! For a whole three weeeeks!
Amazing.

I've also calculated that from lessons and coachings alone, I'll be writing close to 800 dollars worth of checks in the next 3 weeks.
You know, it's an expensive business, but it's totally worth it.
That is how I learn. How I improve so that I can get the jobs that will pay me back that money eventually (ie Jan/Feb of 09).

That plus living in the city for almost a month will certainly hit the checking account a bit, but thankfully, the most recent operatic and concert performances will cover it.


Back to not falling asleep even though I have to get up in 6 hours.

No comments: