23 May, 2008

can it be?

Is it really possible that Act I is in my head?
That's 230 out of 410 pages--I'm feeling GOOD!
And the only things in Act II are:
recit aria quartet recit recit FINALE!
That is SO not a lot, considering I know Recit 1 and 3, I know the aria, and I just have to memorize the words to quartet and finale!
YEA!

For the past 2 hours I've drilled ActI Finale, and gone through the rest of my ActI stuff. I have to take a break now, but I want to come back in...say...45 minutes and do Act II.
Wow, if I can actually feel good about this whole thing almost being done and in my head today, that would be really terrific.

It's funny how it just happens like that. Last minute. You don't THINK that you know anything, and all of a sudden, you can sing through 200 pages in your sleep.

Ok, Act II.
One really long and hard recit, a few interjections, a quartet that flies by, and a finale that I know the notes to, but not the English words yet.

I can dooo eeet.

No comments: