13 February, 2006

6 Jan. Those butterflies

06 January 2006 @ 05:54 pm
those butterflies
I just received email notification of my participation in the Met competition. I haven't sung in a competition in 2 years. The first time I did them I did two pretty good sized ones that were competitive, and placed and got into the finals. This one just seems bigger for some reason.
I know, I know, no one gets actually hired by the Met if they do well in this competition. It even says so in the application form.
I just want to do well. Singing for a group of judges that has some pull and hopefully knows a bit about music and comes from a varied background- ie,not all one company- is a really good opportunity to make good first impressions.

I think more than the repertoire (which I'm still deciding about, and can continue to decide about until the day of the competition), I want to know about what to wear!


-g

No comments: