13 February, 2006

10 Feb. The countdown begins

10 February 2006 @ 05:47 pm
The Countdown begins
Three weeks until my recital.
Things I have to learn:
Four strauss songs. Seriously now. There are not easy, and I can't play anything to help myself except for the melody line. And we all know how Strauss liked to change keys every two measures.
It doesn't make sense in my head- yet. I listened and sang along and marked breaths and plunked outnotes today for about an hour and a half. I know I should/could do more, but I just want that magical moment to happen already- when it all clicks in my head and all I have to do is memorize the words.

My last set. Lullabyes in German, Italian, and English are not yet memorized.

I know the Mozart, but it's hell to get through it with my accompanist at the tempo that I want.
I know the Debussy (at least I did last year).
I know the Bernstein.

I haven't even attempted to sing the whole thing through yet. Maybe next week. Ha.

Post recital music learning activities:
Three roles for the summer, Five chorus parts for the summer.
Two roles for next year.

Ahhh.
And did I mention- Ahhhh.

-g
Current Mood: ahhhh

No comments: