16 August, 2007

singing1

OK, I will admit that I was nervous. But only this morning. It was the good nervous/excited that makes me do things very slowly and deliberately--like start getting ready a good 2 hours before I even need to set foot outside of the apartment.


At singing1 today:
OH my gosh were people all over the place. It was amusing to see the level of freakouts that were going on with people being nervous, people being just a bit too loud because they were nervous, people practicing with each other for a two second reading, people trying not to act nervous even though they were.

My personal performance:
Ooh, I shall rate myself a la Olympic judges.

Acting- total 10. I "Kristin Chenowithed" the crap outta that piece and the text.
I mean- really- it's what it needs. It's not about copying. It's about seeing what the modern audience reacts to and likes, and finding a different way to do it myself and making it my own interpretation (in which I go for the-- I kinda LIKE what happened to me in a sick sick way thing).

Singing:
I'm going to say a 9.5 or 6. BUT I will say that those tenths of points are only taken off because of things that IIIII know that I could do better, and not necessarily things that needed to sound better for the panel.

I don't think about any of this while I'm singing, obviously, but my thoughts "after" have to do with TWO little mini-runs that I've done in a more fun/exciting/vocally exciting way before, and today just popped out like the normal staccato that is written in the score.

It was better than my last performance of the aria. It was better than most every coaching (yes, all two) that I've had on the aria...except maybe ONE two weeks ago where I felt really really into it vocally.

So what is there- dynamics- yes, pitch- yes, diction- yes, interpretation- yes, accuracy- yes, it was really a performance/audition that I'm happy with. And since I think of auditions as performances anyway, I would have been glad to have had my singing and acting both audio and video recorded, and on the "public record" as--"this is what she can do".

(oh yes, and added high note got the panel's heads turned up yet again).
mwa hahahahahaha...

It is so so so fun.


Results? Of course I care. But more importantly I want to know that I made a good impression today--for "the future". Again...this is a long long long shot. And also a wonderful opportunity to shine for the first time. Which I think/hope that I did.

Basta. Time to eat.

Round two is tomorrow.

No comments: